Understanding Farm Law in Butler County
Charlton Law caters to the unique needs of farmers, their families and their land.
Charlton Law understands the complexity of today's farming operations and the farmers' struggles to effectively manage farm operations and succession planning. Joe Charlton owns and operates a 130-acre farm with his family in South Buffalo Township, Pennsylvania and is an active member of the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau.
With the ever-increasing regulations on today's farmers, Charlton Law helps farmers navigate the complexities of these regulations. Charlton Law provides the following services to farmers in Pennsylvania:
- Farm entity consultation and creation (corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships)
- Business planning and estate planning (succession planning)
- Taxation issues
- Department of Agriculture – Nutrient management plans
- Department of Agriculture and DEP compliance
- Crop insurance issues and claims
- Oil and Gas lease negotiations
- Timbering contracts
- Equipment/implement contracts and financing
Joe Charlton grew up and lives on a farm. He knows the issues that face Pennsylvania farmers in today's climate. Let his experience in farming and law work for you.