Agriculture and Farm Planning
Charlton Law understands the complexity of today's farming operations and the farmers' struggles to effectively manage farm operations and succession planning. Joe Charlton owns and operates a 130-acre farm with his family in South Buffalo Township, Pennsylvania and is an active member of the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau.
With the ever-increasing regulations on today's farmers, Charlton Law helps farmers navigate the complexities of these regulations. Charlton Law provides the following services to farmers in Pennsylvania:
- Farm entity consultation and creation (corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships)
- Business planning and estate planning (succession planning)
- Taxation issues
- Department of Agriculture – Nutrient management plans
- Department of Agriculture and DEP compliance
- Crop insurance issues and claims
- Oil and Gas lease negotiations
- Timbering contracts
- Equipment/implement contracts and financing
Joe Charlton grew up and lives on a farm. He knows the issues that face Pennsylvania farmers in today's climate. Let his experience in farming and law work for you.